MICHELLE RODRÍGUEZ, M.SC.
Director, English as a Foreign Language Academy
- • MS, Geospatial Information Sciences, Thesis-Using GIS graphic user interfaces to teach undergraduate studies (Bilingual platforms), University of Texas-Dallas
- • MA, Science Education, Thesis-Dual Language Learners in the Sciences, University of Texas-Dallas
- • BA, Interdisciplinary Studies-Bilingual/ESL, University of Texas-El Paso
- • English as a Second Language
- • English as a Foreign Language
- • Geology
- • Geospatial Information Sciences
- • Language Development of nonnative English speakers
- • Development of science skills in nonnative English speakers
- • Technology in Geologic field work
Prior to being the director of the English as a Foreign Language Academy at the Arkansas State University Campus Queretaro, Rodriguez was the director of English Effect, language school, based in Guanajuato, Mexico. She also served as director for the Queretaro, Queretaro based campus. Rodriguez has taught English as a second language and English as a foreign language in the United States, China, and Mexico.
Throughout her time teaching, Rodriguez has worked in the fields of geospatial information sciences and geology for Shell and Exxon-Mobil, as a graduate student working on a PhD in Geology from the University of Texas-Dallas. She has published more than 20 articles and conference papers on topics such as Using Digital Tools For The Analysis of 3D Virtual Models In The Classroom, using graphical User Interfaces for web-based open access platforms, using Virtual 3D Models in teaching, developing software to facilitate teaching Geosciences, interacting with 3D Photorealistic Outcrops Using iPads, and analyzing 3D Virtual Models built with Terrestrial LiDAR.
Rodriguez has been an author and grant recipient of the National Science Foundation- Directorate for Geosciences, Research Experience for Teachers and an Einstein Fellowship finalist for the National Science Foundation Office of Geosciences and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.