LESLIE CHERNILA, MA.
- • MA: English with a concentration in ESL, University of Memphis
- • BA: English major, French minor, University of Central Arkansas
- Professor of English teaching Composition 1 and 2 and World Literature
- Business Leaders Association Committee Member
- Writing Center Coordinator and Head of English
- Department. Published Author.
Before joining the faculty at Arkansas State University Campus Queretaro, Chernila taught English in four countries around the world. In Aguascalientes, Mexico she worked for Berlitz teaching private classes and coaching executives at the Nissan Corporation, among other companies in the city. In the United Arab Emirates, she taught Business English at the Higher Colleges of Technology in Al Ain. In Hshincu, Taiwan she taught Business English at the graduate school International Trade Institute. She taught a general English course in Banksa Bystricia, Slovakia to recipients of a government scholarship. After graduate school, she taught English at the University of Connecticut in Storrs and was the ESL Coordinator at The Rectory School, a preparatory middle school.
In combination with her education experience, she has been an entrepreneur and small business owner for 10 years. She sold her business two years ago in Denver, Colorado and returned to teaching. She has two young sons, a dog and three cats.
Chernila has written two children’s books under the pseudonym Leslie J Holland. The first book is titled Expat Cats and the second is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.s I Have a Dream Speech in Translation: What It Really Means (Kids Translations).