OMAR IRACHETA, PHD.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Nottingham
- MSc in Materials Failure, University of Nottingham
- BSc in Mechatronics, Universidad de Monterrey
- Matlab for engineers
- Finite Element Modeling
- Solid Mechanics
- Finite Element Analysis of the inertia friction welding process.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics modeling of high viscosity materials.
- Material characterization based on inverse analysis of the depth-sensing indentation test.
Prior to joining Arkansas State University Campus Queretaro, O. Iracheta was a Research Fellow at the Rolls-Royce University Technology Center in Gas Turbine Transmission Systems based at the University of Nottingham. His research focused on the understanding of the solid and pseudo-liquid state behavior of material located in the heat affected zone of aero-engine components during the inertia friction welding process.
He has previous experience in research publication as a leading author of four international journal papers.
In 2012, he was awarded a scholarship for master’s studies and later in 2013 to conduct his doctoral research by the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACyT) of Mexico.
He is currently a Lead Engineer at GE Aviation.