FEDERICA CATTI, PHD.
- “Torres Quevedo” Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, R&D Medicinal Chemistry Department, Grupo Ferrer Internacional, Barcelona, Spain
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, PARC CIENTIFIC de BARCELONA, University of Barcelona, Spain
- PhD, Chemistry, University of St. Andrews, Scotland, UK
- Laurea Degree, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Medicinal Chemistry and Process Development
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Process Development Chemist and API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) manufacturing processes
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Research & Development (R&D)
Dr. Federica Catti was born in Milan, Italy. After studying Chemistry at Università degli Studi di Milano (Italy), she moved to Scotland where she joined Prof. Nicholas Westwood group working on the use of synthetic chemistry to help increase the understanding of the process of host cell invasion by Toxoplasma gondii. After receiving her Ph.D. from the University of St Andrews, as Postdoctoral Research Fellow of the Institute for Research in Biomedicine of the Parc Cientific de Barcelona (University of Barcelona) she joined Prof. Rodolfo Lavilla’s research group working on a project focused in the total synthesis of drug-like molecules and scaffold libraries synthesis as well as the study of novel multicomponent reactions. She also worked as Medicinal Chemistry in R&D Department of Grupo Ferrer Internacional, in the area of infectious diseases in the context of an international collaboration with MMV (Medicine for Malaria Venture) and GSK (Madrid) on Malaria and previously, as Postdoctoral “Torres Quevedo” fellow on Tuberculosis. Prior to being appointed Chemistry Assistant Professor at Arkansas State University Campus Queretaro, Dr. Catti was working as Project Leader in R&D Department of Interquim Healthcare, leading and managing development projects in API (active principal ingredients) preparation processes.
She has published 8 articles in peer reviewed Journal, a patent, a chapter of a book and presented her research work in several international conferences. She won two prizes as Best Talk Presentation in International Symposium and two Remark of academic scientist and industrialist on the high impact of presentation skills and high standards of research.
When she goes out from the lab or raise her head up from the books, she enjoy spending time with her family, in Mexico and back in Italy, go to concerts, doing sport (running, hill walking, swimming, cycling) but as soon as she can, she jump on a plane to enjoy discovering the world.