Martha A. Centeno, PhD.
Associate Dean for STEM Programs and Professor of Engineering/ABET Coordinator
- PhD, 05/1990, Industrial Engineering, Texas A & M University (TAMU), College Station, Texas, USA.
- MS, 05/2011, Telecommunications and Networking – Management & Policy Track, Florida International University (FIU), Miami, Florida, USA.
- MS, 12/1985, Industrial Engineering, Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA.
- BS, 06/1981, Chemical Engineering, Universidad ITESO, Guadalajara, Jal., México.
- Computer Simulation Modeling
- Operations Research
- Engineering Economy
- Engineering Education
- Modeling of Health Care Systems
- Simulation Modeling and Intelligent Agents
- INFORMS – Institute for the Operations Research and the Management Sciences
- IISE – Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Order of the Engineer
- Alpha Pi Mu – Industrial Engineering Honor Society
- Golden Key – International Honour Society
- Omega Rho – The International Honor Society for Operations Research / Management Sciences
- Phi Beta Delta – Honor Society for International Scholars
- Phi Eta Sigma – Honor Society for First Year Students
- Phi Kappa Phi – Academic Excellence
- Tau Beta Pi – The Engineering Honor Society
Prior to her appointment as Associate Dean for STEM Programs at Arkansas State University Campus Queretaro, Dr. Centeno was a full professor of Industrial and Management Engineering at Universidad del Turabo in Gurabo, Puerto Rico. She also served as Associate Dean, Undergraduate Program Coordinator, and Associate Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Florida International University (FIU), in Miami, Florida from 1993 to 2011. Before joining the faculty at FIU, she was an assistant professor at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida from 1990 to 1993. She has received more than fifteen teaching awards.
She served in many academic committees while at FSU, FIU, U. Turabo. She also has held national positions, including Vice President for Student Development of the IISE, Program Evaluator for ABET, track coordinator for several conferences for IISE and INFORMS, Council Member and Regional Director for Omega Rho, the Operations Research Honor Society.
She has made more than 60 invited presentations and workshops, published more than 60 articles, chapters, books and conference papers on topics such as Enterprise systems, simulation modeling, agent based modeling, and simulating health care systems. She also received several fellowships from NASA and the US Navy. She has directed many research projects funded by industry, NASA, DOE, and NSF.